Author Topic: Where is the Aladdin VCM located in a 2005 Patriot  (Read 2344 times)

Mike Shumack

Where is the Aladdin VCM located in a 2005 Patriot
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
I do not have the Aladdin information on the overhead TV and I am trying to troubleshoot that. The previous owner replaced the original overhead TV with a flat screen LCD and removed all gear (VHS, Sat, etc.). I do not have any extra video cables around the overhead TV that might have been from the Aladdin system.

I do have the Aladdin working on the bedroom TV and the "kenwood monitor" in the dash.
So I'm trying to find the video source for the overhead TV. I do not have any cables/connections that appear to be coming from the Aladdin to the overhead TV.

Looking at the Aladdin manual it says there is a VCM (Video Coach Monitor) located in the front run bay - however mine does not have one there.

I have all the dash panels out (I'm having them refinished) so I can see everything behind the dash very well. There is no Aladdin "video box" back there.

The only place I have not looked in behind the upper right cabinet (the Aladdin Reset button in on the back wall of this cabinet).

Does anyone know where the Aladdin video feed for the upper TV comes from - and/or where the Aladdin VCM is located in a 2005 Patriot?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:55:36 PM by Mike Shumack »

Mike Shumack

Re: Where is the Aladdin VCM located in a 2005 Patriot
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:02:29 AM »
In case anyone else is ever looking for this item...
It is located in the cabinet above the driver seat. Behind the wood panel with the "Aladdin Reset" switch.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:10:58 PM by Mike Shumack »

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Where is the Aladdin VCM located in a 2005 Patriot
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
Mike, Glad you found your box. I have the same setup (Aladdin reset sw) in the cabinet above the drivers seat. Now I don't have to go a searchin' for mine!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."