Author Topic: Trans. Fluid Question  (Read 9650 times)

Dick Simonis

Re: Trans. Fluid Question
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 12:08:14 AM »
Well, problem solved and it was all operator error....I had not given it enough time to do the count down properly.  Interestingly it was way overfull before I added four more qts.  In Kingman I bit the bullet and called a mobile service after I did it correctly and read 13 qts high.  Guy came over and drained out 3 gallons, put a bit back in and now all is well.  Expensive lesson but money well spent rather than risk other problems.

FYI, it also dropped my tranny temp by at least 10 degrees and perhaps more.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 12:55:19 PM »
good news....I think we have all been there and done that a few times...learn as we go !
Glad it's OK now!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Ron Johnson

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
Glad to hear all is OK. I sure learn a lot reading these threads - thanks for posting.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »
Mr.Simonis - I did some research on getting transmission information from the keypad.  A few things of importance:  The transmission oil MUST be a minimum of 140 F.  If the oil is cooler than 140 F, then you will get a keypad readout of "o L - 7 0" which means "Sump fluid temperature too low."

There is a whole list of codes.  In the list I was perusing, the readout for a good oil level reading is "o L o K", for a low oil level "o L L o 01" for one quart low, and for a high oil level reading "o L H I 01" for one quart overfilled.  I suspect the codes are slightly different depending mostly upon the model and year of the transmission.

Go to   :  http://www.beamalarm.com/Documents/allison_transmission_codes_manual.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:23:52 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!