Author Topic: Transfer switch location  (Read 4897 times)

Carol Bentley

• BAC Member
Transfer switch location
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »
Just got back from the FMCA Rally and I'm trying to install my newly purchased surge protector. It's should be mounted next to the transfer switch. I have a 2003 Marquis does anyone know where the transfer switch is located and any other idea's that might help. Thanks Jim Bentley

Edward Buker

Re: Transfer switch location
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:56:58 AM »
Jim,

I really do not know where the transfer box is in a 2003 given my motorhome is a 2002. In the 2002 Marquis, the transfer switch was located on the ceiling of the storage bay near the inverter charger. If your inverter charger is located there I would suspect that the transfer switch is also. It was housed in roughly a 10 by 10 by 4 inch Grey electrical box. You may also be able to follow the large AC output cable from the generator which should terminate at the transfer switch. Hope this helps.

later Ed

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »

The transfer switch is located in the same place on the 2002 and 2003 Marquis, on the ceiling of the storage bay near the inverter charger.

Carol Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
Thanks I'll clear out the bay in the morning and look for her. Again Thank you Jim I'll will report back.

Carol Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
Thanks Tim & Ed yes indeed it's in the center of storage bay, Jim